Monday, February 6, 2012

16 January 2012 Black Hole of Love - rime royal


Tonight’s theme comes from my rendition of a black hole.  Stylized to be sure, but I think both the picture and verse have something to say about ‘seeing what you’ve lost’ and how it’s like looking out from within a black hole.  Music tenor provided by Emmy Lou Harris and ‘Sweet Old World’.
16 January 2012
Black Hole of Love - rime royal
A million stars go round and here I stay,
a place where hearts are said to go to die.
I thought you brought the light of Milky ways,
but found an empty space in which to cry.
No shooting stars to grace this place of why,
no sunsets looking toward the next day’s dawn;
I’m lost in outer space now that you’ve gone.
They say you can’t see what you’ve lost until
the last tear falls from grace and drowns your face,
when only last night’s wine is spent and spilled,
and when the last kiss parts lips once embraced.
Its then the skies are gathered, stars erased,
its then that worlds collide and call your name;
your universe can never be the same.
So should you see the echo of the stars
if ever looking deep into my eyes,
you’re seeing constellations love has marred
in long ago and far away but try
to understand how black holed hearts must sigh––
you’ll see how far I’ve come and still must go;
there’s some things only dying stars should know.
ababbcc



No comments:

Post a Comment