Monday, February 6, 2012

13 January 2012 Knotty and Stumpy - rondeau


Since I had hockey very early Saturday morning, I didn’t get to Friday’s poem and so, two need to be written.  This one is from another random picture I got from google, with my own creativity instituted.  The pic I created has that ‘hobbit’ feel and so, I’m thinking the theme might be about living differently, more simply, and maybe honestly.  Tune for the night is ‘Swim’ by Jack’s Mannequin.
13 January 2012
Knotty and Stumpy - rondeau
Knotty and stumpy, the house was a tree,
double doors carved there with care waits for me,
moss covered stairs made of brick couldn’t tell,
leaves sweeping past in slow motion a spell;
lead me to worlds which the others can’t see.
Gnarly but rooted the doors seemed to lead
into the magic of books that I read;
take away weariness knowing full well,
I’m knotty and stumpy,
looking around for a reason to be
wearing the lateness of hours when I breathe.
Knocking, I’m knocking––please don’t make me yell;
under the earth, all the seasons to dwell,
open the door and keep this man from being
knotty and stumpy.
aabba aabR aabbaR
arbitrary meter; suu suus uus for all but the R



No comments:

Post a Comment