Monday, February 6, 2012

03 January 2012 Welcome Home - fv


It’s hard to separate this poem’s tone from the last because I’m writing on the same day, hence the reason I wanted to do this ONE PER DAY.  Alas, I messed up yesterday, so there you have it.  Now, I’ll try to find another piece of music so this poem isn’t so similar...
seems Pandora is really helpful tonight and so, I’m choosing ‘Welcome Home’, by Radical Face.
The idea that the last poem is about leaving, perhaps this song will help turn the thoughts more hopeful, hey?  
This poem tells of the beauty of the seasons and is illustrated with some of the flowers of each, all while imagining a backdrop of how love must be.
03 January 2012
Welcome Home - fv
I’d like to give you snowdrops in spring,
rush forsythia blooms into your just-washed hands
and butter-yellow daffodils.
I’d let them melt until their cream
births tulips in the leaning wind––sly disguise
a simple leaf that’s too soon passed
by apple blossoms and purchased free
unto the season come.
I’d like to show you black-eyed susan’s glances,
flood your sense with clover hue,
and wind the tiger lilies in your hair.
I’d feather your bed with clematis vine,
hydrangea pink and blue,
and fill your pillow with lilac whispers,
downy days the rose of sharon plays
unto the season come.
I’d like to bring you mum’s delight,
buttons bold and colors bright,
to lay with golden autumn leaves
while sky blue asters palpitate
the dragon’s blood in sedum veins.
Line the pumpkins near the speckled squash,
polish burnished apple’s mien
unto the season come.
Beneath the snow and hiding deep,
rest in soil and dream the sleep
that croons for warmer days,
and turns the blankets round and round,
streaks the pane’s frosty signs,
holding breath like icicles
that wait their turn and melting soon
unto the season come.



No comments:

Post a Comment