Monday, February 6, 2012

12 January 2012 - Trouble - curtal sonnet


Decided tonight I’d just randomly choose a picture based on a word; for the life of me, though I just did this 20 minutes ago, I can’t remember where I got that word, but there you have it; TROUBLE.  Googling presented me with what it thought ‘trouble’ looked like and I cobbled up a more artistic rendition of what I was ‘feeling’ poetically.  Below is what resulted.
(note; upon completing, I noticed I didn’t use a spondee––two syllables which are both stressed re sound in speech, as the end two notes.  I’ll keep the poem as is simply because I like it better.  So call this a curtal sonnet variant, if you must.)
12 January 2012 - Trouble - curtal sonnet
She blinked mascara prisons, holding me;
the pouring rain pressed satin to her skin––
an easy trace for eyes like mine, and yet
I missed her chords, the rising tide of keys
whose song I’d always sung her from within;
my fingers tremble trying to score this set...
as notes are flooding
tears soon flowing find
the stream of love you gave I can’t forget;
I need you breathing
songs that sing begin.
The ivories hold your kiss and wind
around my heart while fingers drown in sweat;
the bass of love has trouble’s treble soaking wet.
1-12-12
abc abc dcb dc(xc) – L12 = spondee



No comments:

Post a Comment