Monday, February 6, 2012

27 January 2012 - Love Song - triolet


Seems like it gets more difficult to actually keep up and write a poem a day, so now I’m 2 days behind again, despite just posting 26 January 2012’s poem just now.  But, it will be easier when I get the novel done, which hopefully will be by mid Feb, end of Feb at the outset.  By my estimation, I have about 150 pages to go.
This poem is a triolet, a verse poem that is supposed to have a ‘switch’ or turning point in the last line, making the poem adept at light-weight witticism.  I’ve found though, that this poem can be used for more serious subjects just as well.  This particular poem is analyzing how many a song will plead ‘don’t leave’ to a love and when the relationship ends, suddenly the lyrics mean something different, and that the song no longer has the audience it thought it had.
27 January 2012 - Love Song - triolet
A song pleads never let me go,
to hear the chorus croon to many;
it’s time I leave and let you grow.
The song pleads; ‘never!’  Let me go
and lose me forever will show
we never loved and there weren’t any
to hear the chorus croon; too many
a song pleads ‘never let me go’.
01-28-12
params: ABaAabBA, usually tetrameter



No comments:

Post a Comment