Monday, February 6, 2012

08 January 2012 Owls - bv





The weekend wiped me out because I played hockey for the first time in a month and it was a grueling pace, hence very tired (also due to 8 hours of sleep in two days).  Napped earlier just trying to catch up but now, wide awake...
Because I’d actually like to get some time in on my novel, I’m going to use an easier form, though some may think fv is the easiest anyway (as in, I did an easy one YESTERDAY, which is true but I spent a lot of time with the pic), and choose blank verse.  Blank verse is more or less metered fv, although typically, all lines are the same length.  Music is by Forest City Lovers and the song is Forest City Lovers - Phodilus and Tyto.  Theme will come from the first line of the song; night time is wasted on the owls.  So, this will be my take-off of that idea.
08 January 2012
Owls - bv
I heard the wind but not the owl,
moonlit feathers wringing night,
a silence keeper hunting prey.
The church below is shadow hung,
no bells to mark when midnight strikes,
yet souls of windows cast a light;
I’m difficult prey for different prayers
The rise of evergreens behind
conforms the hem of midnight sky,
an overreach of all my tries.
A limn of boundaries tracing dreams,
the preacher’s daughter sings my hymns
while serenading waning moons,
whose path disperses stars from skies,
the same I wish to wish upon.
The night is wasted on the owls,
my eyes don’t care to see that well;
it’s just enough to know she’s there––
third window from the right whose light
is beacon for the lonely hearts,
and wayward dreamers passing through.
The violins of Eve still play,
the dirt of ever-winding roads
is verdigris upon my feet;
more owls have counted sleeping dawns
than I’ve had rest since knowing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment